Tuesday 20 November 2012

Jeera Quorn

I ate meat under duress as a child, so as soon as I was allowed to do my thing I stopped eating it.

I did however develop a taste for some some meat dishes in this time which I have very easily recreated with Quorn.  Quorn is not vegn as it contains egg.

So if you are a meat eater and want to eat less meat but can't give up the sensory experience or are a vegetarian who eats egg like me then give it a try.

It is a super fast dish that is yummy main or side dish.

Ingredients (to serve 4-6 people)

  • I x 300g bag of Quorn chunks refrigerated or frozen 
  • 3tbsp Light olive oil or Ghee-(clarified butter)
  • 2 tsp Cumin/ Jeera
  • 1/2 tsp Oragano seeds/ Ajowan seeds (optional)
  • 2 cloves garlic finely chopped or crushed
  • 1/2-1 tsp red chilli powder
  • 1-2 tsp Garam masala -
  • 1 tsp salt
  • Hand full of fresh chopped coriander

Directions

  1. Add your oil/ghee, set the pan at a medium heat add your cumin seeds and ajowan seeds, when they begin to crackle add your quorn chunks.
  2. Cook this till the quorn chunks go light brown and then add your garlic and continue stirring frequently.
  3. Once the garlic starts to colour add your dry spices and stir, cover and cook for as long as it takes the quorn to heat right the way through.
  4. Last stage is to add your coriander and serve with rice or roti and enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment